By Denise M. Brown
I run a small business.
I also help my parents.
In many ways, both require the same kind of support and expertise. As a small business owner, I have a business coach/consultant and a virtual assistant. My business consultant helps with my strategies, my decisions and my worries and fears. My virtual assistant takes some of the tasks off my To Do list.
As a family caregiver, I also am well-served with a consultant who helps me with decisions, coping skills and communication strategies. An assistant can help me with my To Do list by scheduling appointments, organizing paperwork and researching products that can help.
We already have a Certified Caregiving Consultant™ training program. As consultants, these professionals provide a safe space for family caregivers to share and vent so they can find the resource, make the best decision and hire the right help.
In 2019, we added another level of training to help with the family caregiver’s To Do List — a Certified Caregiving Specialist. These specialists can be hired by family caregivers to manage the To Do list, freeing up some time for the family caregiver. A specialist can work with a family caregiver virtually or in person.
If you care for a family member and would like to have the flexibility of your own small business, our CCS training program may be right for you.
You’re right for our training program if:
- You consider yourself to be a Pragmatic Caregiver (meaning, you’ve moved through the Entrenched Caregiver stage)
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are organized and efficient
- You are realistic, practical and unflappable
- You engage with others with a curious heart and open mind
- You want to earn money in your business while enjoying the flexibility of scheduling your own hours
Our CCS training consists of a live, four-hour virtual training day you attend after completing about two hours of prep work. During our four-hour training, we’ll:
- learn the importance of the six caregiving stages as you connect with clients in various stages
- gain communication skills to effectively work with your stressed-out clients
- understand how to deliver excellent customer care
- connect with a Virtual Assistant who can answer your questions
- develop your speciality which helps you market your services to prospective clients
- practice communication skills with fellow classmates
- review certification requirements, including how to complete your five tasks for five CCCs
- ready you to launch your business as a CCS.
We offer CCS training every month on the second Saturday at 11 a.m. ET (10 a.m. CT, 8 a.m. PT). If you receive a scholarship, you can choose a Saturday that’s convenient for you to join our live training.
You become a Certified Caregiving Specialist™ after you:
- Pass the CCS Exam
- Participate in a four-hour training session
- Host a Facebook Live of Zoom meeting
- Complete this requirement after attending our four-hour training
- Participate in a caregiving support (online or in your community) for two hours
- Successfully complete five tasks for family members or friends.
I’m happy to announce that we have five scholarship slots for our program. If you would like to apply for a scholarship to become a Certified Caregiving Specialist, please complete our CCS Scholarship Application, below, on or before October 30. We’ll contact our scholarship winners on November 5.
A CCS training program participants says:
“Thank you, Denise, for the great opportunity to experience this class! If you haven’t taken one of her courses I would highly suggest you consider doing so. Especially this particular one which happened to be spot-on for me. The format is designed to be simple, concise, and focused. It offers time for sharing and creative collaboration and the freedom for options to explore. Skillfully prepared, one enters the virtual classroom prepped with necessary information vital for creating the kind of experience as much as one is willing to invest in. I found even more inspiration developing my ideas just from thinking back on her presentation days after attending. No doubt there will be a lot more to be learned as I navigate the requirements to finally realizing the certificate as participation in those tasks can only help grow the seeds sown through this groundbreaking platform.”
Deadline to apply is October 30 to receive a scholarship for our training program which helps you launch your own business as a family caregiver’s assistant. Apply via the form, below.
Looking forward to receiving your applications!