In the U.S., at least 40 million individuals care for a family member or friend. Chances are, your clients, customers, employees and worshippers currently care for a parent, spouse, child, grandparent or sibling with a chronic illness or disability. A caregiving experience is a unique one because of its challenging situations, difficult emotions and heartbreaking impact. With our Master Class, you’ll better understand those individuals you encounter at work and in the community. With greater insights, you’ll feel better about your interactions and conversations with family caregivers.
During our time together, we’ll take a closer look at The Caregiving Years, Six Stages to a Meaningful Journey.
- Hour One
- The first three caregiving stages: The Expectant Caregiver, The Freshman Caregiver and the Entrenched Caregiver. We’ll also learn about the common stumbles in these stages and how to steady them.
- Hour Two
- The last three caregiving stages: The Pragmatic Caregiver, The Transitioning Caregiver and the Godspeed Caregiver. We’ll continue our discussion of the common stumbles and how to steady them.
We’ve been approved to provide 2 continuing education hours for the list of professionals, below. Continuing education hours are provided by the University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine in collaboration with the Continuing Education Institute of Illinois.
- Certified Dementia Practitioner®
We can provide 2 continuing education credit for Certified Dementia Practitioners® in all 50 states.
- Certified Senior Advisor®
We can provide 2 continuing education credit for Certified Senior Advisors® in all 50 states.
We can provide 2 continuing education credit for nurses in all 50 states.
- SHRM Professional Development Credits
This program is valid for 2 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM in all 50 states.
- Professional Coaches
Professional coaches can earn 2 hours for resource development in all 50 states.
We also can provide CEUs for the following Illinois professions:
- Dental Hygienist
- Marriage and Family Counselor
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Social Worker
About Denise, Your Instructor
Denise first developed The Caregiving Years, Six Stages to a Meaningful Journey in 1997. Over the past twenty-three years, Denise has refined the concept to reflect today’s caregiving experience. The concept has informed her work, including her training programs, and her presentations. Learn more about Denise.