At the end of the workshop, you’ll have the insights to better understand your clients, customers and employees who care for a family member or friend (family caregivers). You’ll also appreciate your own personal caregiving experience.
Course: Master Class: The Caregiving Experience
Time Commitment: Two-hour interactive and live virtual meeting
Objective: At the end of the workshop, you’ll have the insights to better understand your clients, customers and employees who care for a family member or friend (family caregivers). You’ll also appreciate your own personal caregiving experience.
Levels: Anyone interested in learning more about the personal caregiving experience. Our master class is perfect for financial planners, elderlaw attorneys, trust officers, church staff, senior care providers, case managers and anyone who serves or supports family caregivers.
Dates and Times: We offer this class on the second Wednesday of every month at 10 a.m. ET (9 a.m. CT, 7 a.m. PT). After enrolling, select the Wednesday that works for you.
Instructor: Denise M. Brown, founder of The Caregiving Years Training Academy.
Cost: Suggested price is $97. You can pay what fits your budget with a minimum price of $30. We’ll donate 50% of our proceeds to our Family Caregiver Relief Fund.
What You Get:
- A two-hour live workshop
- The Caregiving Years, Six Stages to a Meaningful Journey PDF
- Access to our Master Class group to connect with other students
At the end of this live two-hour workshop, you’ll have the insights to better understand your clients, customers and employees who care for a family member or friend (family caregivers). You’ll also appreciate your own personal caregiving experience as Denise describes the evolution of a personal caregiving experience.
In the U.S., at least 40 million individuals care for a family member or friend. Chances are, your clients, customers, employees and worshippers currently care for a parent, spouse, child, grandparent or sibling with a chronic illness or disability. A caregiving experience is a unique one because of its challenging situations, difficult emotions and heartbreaking impact. With our Master Class, you’ll better understand those individuals you encounter at work and in the community. With greater insights, you’ll feel better about your interactions and conversations with family caregivers.
During our time together, we’ll take a closer look at The Caregiving Years, Six Stages to a Meaningful Journey.
- Hour One
- The first three caregiving stages: The Expectant Caregiver, The Freshman Caregiver and the Entrenched Caregiver. We’ll also learn about the common stumbles in these stages and how to steady them.
- Hour Two
- The last three caregiving stages: The Pragmatic Caregiver, The Transitioning Caregiver and the Godspeed Caregiver. We’ll continue our discussion of the common stumbles and how to steady them.
The program objectives are:
1. To educate attendees about the evolution of the caregiving experience, which changes over time.
2. To inform attendees about effective resources they can use within each stage.
3. To provide attendees with a frame work which describes the family caregiver experience so they can be access appropriate support during each caregiving stage.
Use our Six Stages infographic, below, for reference.
You can enroll via the widget at the bottom of the page. After enrolling, you’ll be directed to your class directory which includes a link to join your training date.
We’ve been approved to provide 2 continuing education hours for the list of professionals, below. Continuing education hours are provided by the University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine in collaboration with the Continuing Education Institute of Illinois. If you would like to receive CEUs, please pay at least $30.
- Certified Dementia Practitioner®
We can provide 1 continuing education credit for Certified Dementia Practitioners® in all 50 states.
- Certified Senior Advisor®
We can provide 1 continuing education credit for Certified Senior Advisors® in all 50 states.
We can provide 1 continuing education credit for nurses in all 50 states.
- SHRM Professional Development Credits
This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM in all 50 states.
- Professional Coaches
Professional coaches can earn 1 hours for resource development in all 50 states.
We also can provide CEUs for the following Illinois professions:
- Dental Hygienist
- Marriage and Family Counselor
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Social Worker
After completing our two-hour course and passing your online exam, you’ll receive a Master Class: The Caregiving Experience certificate. If you require CEUs, you’ll also receive a CEU certificate.
About Denise, Your Instructor
Denise first developed The Caregiving Years, Six Stages to a Meaningful Journey in 1997. Over the past twenty-three years, Denise has refined the concept to reflect today’s caregiving experience. The concept has informed her work, including her training programs, and her presentations. Learn more about Denise.
- Caregiving Master Class: The Caregiving FatiguesSuggested price: $47.00
- Caregiving Master Class: The Caregiving ExperienceSuggested price: $97.00
- Caregiving Master Classes: The Experience and The FatiguesSuggested price: $127.00
- Master Caregiving FacilitatorSuggested price: $443.00