Our 70-hour program equips you with skills, tools and techniques to consult with and coach family caregivers.
At the end of this three-month program, you’ll become a Certified Caregiving Consultant, Facilitator and Educator.
In six months, you’ll become a Master Caregiving Consultant and Certified Caregiving Facilitator and Educator.
Every Family Caregiver Needs a Certified Caregiving Consultant
By Denise M. Brown
A colleague recently sent me an email. “I have a friend of a friend who’s in a crisis. I think she’s caring for a parent. Which organization should she call to get help?"
The reality is we don’t have a community organization that any family caregiver can call during a crisis.
“Please have her call me,” I replied. “I’d be happy to help."
My colleague’s friend called the next day and explained the situation. Her mother-in-law was to be discharged from the hospital but she didn’t know how they would manage her care at home. Over the next few weeks, the family caregiver reached out for help. I listened, offered suggestions, gave guidance, and provided words of comfort she was doing all she could.
Every family caregiver needs a Certified Caregiving Consultant, a professional who understands, guides and comforts throughout the caregiving experience. Consider the reality of our current health care system:
- We have a significant shortage of direct care workers, which means more and more care falls to the family caregiver.
- The health care system continues to move care to the low-cost and no-cost models. Consider the increase in the number of Hospital at Home programs.
- The consolidation of payers, providers and systems mean we all must be informed health care consumers.
Even though the family caregiver is the all-the-time provider for a family member with an illness, disease or disability, our systems still don’t offer ongoing support, training and help for the family caregiver. That’s where you come in.
Like you, we believe the best resource for a family caregiver is another family caregiver. When we connect with another who gets it, we receive the best kind of support -- understanding, compassionate and caring.
Because a caregiving experience is a painful one, every family caregivers deserves the company of a professional who understands how to be with someone in pain. When a family caregiver feels understood, healing happens.
We also believe that a personal caregiving experience provides the best kind of foundation for professional transformation.
Our Certified Caregiving Consultant™ training program offers the insights about the caregiving experience and teaches the communication techniques which enhance your connections with family caregivers. We teach you how to be effective when you consult with clients who may be experiencing the worst times of their lives.
Our training prepares you to be the best source of support for family caregivers. Graduates of our CCC training program say our training:
- Made them better listeners.
- Equipped them with a library of effective tools to support family caregivers that they didn’t have before completing the training.
- Increased their comfort level in supporting family caregivers through a difficult time.
- Gave them the needed tools to facilitate an effective conversation with a stressed-out family caregiver that they didn’t have before completing the training.
- Armed them with strategies and skills to effectively support family caregivers that they didn’t have before completing the training.
- Enhanced their knowledge of the personal caregiving experience.
- Increased their confidence in their abilities to support a family caregiver.
We offer three levels of training:
- Bronze, a 70-hour program to earn your Certified Caregiving Consultant designation.
- Silver, a two-month program to earn your Certified Caregiving Consultant, Education and Facilitator designations.
- Gold, a six-month program earn your Master Caregiving Consultant, Education and Facilitator designations. You’ll also write a caregiving book as well as develop and deliver a workshop that’s approved to offer Continuing Education Units to health care professionals.
Through our Certified Caregiving Consultant training program, you learn how to be with family caregivers through their painful days so you can create a healing experience for them.
Your client may be:
- family caregivers who hire you.
- family caregivers who are your colleagues and participate in your workplace support group or Employee Resource Group.
- family caregivers who use your financial planning, legal or case management services.
- family caregivers who use services or programs through your non-profit, social service agency or house of worship.
With our compassionate expertise, you take care of your personal caregiving experience so you let go of your story in order to fully engage with clients and their stories. Because you learn how to be present with a client, you will feel energized, rather than burnt out, in your work.
We also help you earn money as a consultant and coach for family caregivers. Your expertise and your impact are valuable.
- A CCC contracts with her county to provide support for direct service workers, including family caregivers.
- A CCC provides eldercare support services through an employee benefit.
- A CCC billed $4,000 for delivering two workshops in November (she was hired after an organization saw her present at one of our events).
- A CCC started a paid membership program with a closed Facebook group.
- A CCC received a grant to present The Caregiving Years throughout her region.
- Two CCCs were hired to provide programming for a state disease-specific organization as result of presenting at our events
- CCCs are paid influencers and paid content providers.
- CCCs are hired by family caregivers to help with stress management, strategies and plans.
Our CCCs and their insights have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Oprahmag.com and in campaigns created by organizations and start-ups.
Need our training for your workforce? Email Denise to learn more about our we can train your staff to better support family caregivers.
We offer three levels training to accommodate your budget and goals.
Our 70-hour program equips you with skills, tools and techniques to consult with and coach family caregivers through their experience. When you complete our training and meet the certification requirements, you become a Certified Caregiving Consultant.
Consult with and family caregivers through your own business. You’ll also receive help putting together your marketing plan and connect with our eight Skills Consultants for additional support during our training. You also become a Facilitator to lead caregiving support groups and become an Educator and deliver our proprietary presentation, The Six Stages of Caregiving.
At the end of this three-month program, you’ll become a Certified Caregiving Consultant, Facilitator and Educator.
Choose this option if you want to become a Master Caregiving Consultant, Educator and Facilitator. You’ll challenge yourself to deliver excellence in coaching, presenting and facilitating.
You’ll also create and develop a workshop approved for Continuing Education Units and write a caregiving book.
At the end of this six-month program, you’ll become a Master Caregiving Consultant as well as a Certified Caregiving Facilitator and Educator.
An Ongoing Resource
With our training, you become that ongoing resource for those who care for a family member. We empower you to cultivate meaningful conversations with your clients so you create a safe space to talk out the true challenges the family caregiver faces.
Create Your Niche from our Work
With our insights, we help you find your speciality (or niche) which reflects your experience and expertise so you serve clients with confidence. It’s not about knowing everything but about being a part of a community that knows how to find out everything.
Efficient and Effective Sessions
With our proprietary tools, you can do great work quickly, a bonus for time-pressed clients. Our tools spark an immediate dialogue because your client feels understood. You help a client pinpoint their problems so you can work together to create the solution.
Make a Difference
With our market knowledge, you create programs and services that your clients want so you make a difference in their lives and do work that gives back to you. We’re committed to putting out best work into the world to help you and your clients.
A Planned Experience
You are the on-going resource family caregivers. We help you begin the relationship with group coaching tools and one-on-one planning tools, including the Family Emergency Plan. The relationship with your client continues because of the connection you create.
With our innovative concepts, you gain a unique knowledge base about the caregiving experience. Because you understand what others don’t, you have a unique perspective and service offering in our caregiving space. You will be an invaluable resource for family caregivers.
Denise and two of the CCCs (Dawnita Brown and Jennifer Richey) joined Steve Gurney of Positive Aging Sourcebook to discuss our work. Watch our discussion, below.
"It Is Obvious How Passionate Denise Is"
A training program graduate says:
“ From a training perspective, it is obvious how passionate Denise is when sharing her experiences and work over the years, as well as, ensuring others have a positive experience (from the module videos).
"Denise cleverly outlined the six stages of caregiving in a practical manner that supports the caregiving dyad. The stages are the pathway to encourage reflection and counsel as the journey is experienced by the caregiver and those they care for. Professionally, this training and tools will be leveraged to enhance my current practices."
Our Programs Work
We understand what family caregivers need which means family caregivers overwhelmingly recommend our programs. When you enroll in our training programs, you now have access to successful, proven programs that you add to your work. Our success creates your success.
We ask attendees to our programs, How likely are you to recommend our programs on a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being the least and 10 being the most? We’re so proud to deliver programming that family caregivers will recommend:
- 96% are strong advocates of all our programs (selected 8, 9 or 10 on the rating scale).
- 100% are strong advocates of our Family Emergency Planning sessions (selected 8, 9 or 10).
Three Choices to Meet Your Needs
To help you successfully consult with family caregivers, we offer three training choices to meet your needs.
- Bronze Level: Become a Certified Caregiving Consultant. This level is perfect for those who already work with family caregivers or already support family caregivers through their own small business. If you are a financial planner, Employee Resource Group Leader, health care provider or community resource provider, you’ll benefit from this training. Time requirement: 70 hours or two months.
- Silver Level: Become a Certified Caregiving Consultant, Educator and Facilitator. This level is perfect for those who want to launch a business to support family caregivers. You’ll receive support from our mentors (our Skills Consultants) and help to create your marketing and business plans. You’ll receive all the benefits, tools and insights to effective coach and support family caregivers. In addition, as an Educator, you’ll be able to deliver The Six Caregiving Stages, our evidence-based program, in your community, at conferences and as a Lunch and Learn for local employers. Time requirement: 84 hours or three months.
- Gold Level: Master Caregiving Consultant, Educator and Facilitator: This level is perfect for those who want develop an abundant business supporting family caregivers. You’ll work with Denise over a period of six months to become a CCC, CCE and CCF as well as to write your book and create your own workshop(s) approved to provide Continuing Education Units to heath care professionals. You’ll coach individuals and groups as well as deliver workshops in the community and workplace. Your CEU-approved workshop will open doors for you to deliver presentations in your community, including at local employers. In addition, Denise will help you capture data to prove your workshop makes a difference, which will help you fill your calendar with speaking engagements. At the end of the program, you’ll have the expertise to work one-on-one with clients, facilitate caregiving conversations and deliver a variety of caregiving workshops and presentations. Time requirement: 99 hours or six months.
Need help deciding? Take our one-minute survey to get a recommendation of which CCC program may be the right fit for you.
Please also feel free to reach out to Denise if you have questions about which option is right for you. You can email Denise (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call her at 773-343-6341.