We need change. We need to create a better way to care for our family caregivers and former family caregivers.
We need your big ideas to create the change.
We’d love for you to join us to present your big idea during our special virtual event, Care and Share: Our Big Ideas. Wondering whether or not your big idea will make a difference? Get inspired by learning about our big ideas to improve the caregiving experience.
Our event will last for five days and will begin September 27. Our event will offer daily special workshops beginning at 1 p.m. ET (Noon CT, 10 a.m. PT) and ending at 2 p.m. ET (1 p.m. CT, 11 a.m. PT). Over five days, we’ll present 10 ideas.
We’re inspired by the short delivery of Ted Talks. We’re tweaking the format to present our audience two ideas each day. During our one-hour sessions, two presenters will each have 10 minutes to deliver an overview of their big idea. After their presentations, the presenters will engage the audience in a conversation about their ideas, including answering questions.
- Share the big idea
- Describe why the big idea is needed and how the big idea will spark change
- Motivate the audience to take action to help make the change a reality
Jezra Kaye, a coach for speakers, offers helpful tips in her blog post, How to Create Your Ted Talk — An Eight-Step Process.
Attendees to our first Care and Share: Our Big Ideas in October 2020 said:
- “Hearing and learning about different ideas and programs outside of my own community has prompted me to think more outside of the box.”
- “Inspired me to think creatively.”
- “Refreshing to think about novel ideas to address caregiver situations.”
- “Overall, excellent and motivating. Thank you for making this so accessible and I love the various perspectives. I came away with knowledge and have great respect for each of these advocates.”
- “I liked how this felt like we were having a conversation rather than sitting in a forum.”
When you submit your proposal, below, tell us which category your idea will change:
- Care Coordination
- How can we make it easier to navigate the system to access and use the help we need?
- How can our neighborhoods better accommodate family caregivers and carees?
- Facilities (Assisted Living, Nursing Homes)
- How can facilities ensure family caregivers remain an active member of the care team, even during a pandemic?
- Family System
- How can our families better support the family caregiver and former family caregiver?
- How can we ensure families have the budget for care they need? How can we help family caregiver ready for their own retirement?
- How do we ensure family caregivers arrive into the future after caregiving ends in their best shapes — physically, emotionally and financially?
- Health Care System
- How can our health care system include family caregivers as a critical member of the care team?
- Houses of Worship
- How can our houses of worship serve their congregants who care for a family member as well as the caree?
- How do we ensure our language empowers us? For instance, we changed the language from “care recipient” and “loved one” to “caree”. What others words and phrases need to change?
- What policies do we need to support family caregivers and former family caregivers?
- Payors (Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance)
- How can our payors better support family caregivers and former family caregivers?
- What can a workplace provide in terms of support and services that could keep family caregivers employed?
To be one of our presenters, you:
- Have an innovative idea that you believe will resolve a pressing problem faced by family caregivers or former family caregivers.
- Feel comfortable presenting via Zoom.
- Are available the week of September 27 to be scheduled for a session.
- Agree to have your session recorded so we can make its archive available to registrants.
- Understand that while we can’t offer a honorarium, we will offer you a chance to earn revenue through our affiliate program.
- Will honor our deadlines to ensure the best experience for attendees possible.
If you are selected, we will promote you and your session to create visibility for your work. Deadline to submit a proposal to present is August 13.
Deadline to submit your proposal is August 13; we’ll notify you on August 17 if your idea was selected. Submit your proposal to present via our form, below.
To stay up-to-date on our event, please follow us on social media: