The Caring Awards honor those who make a difference in the lives of family caregivers and former family caregivers. Throughout the year, we’ll accept nominations for categories and host events to honor our winners. With your submission, you’ll also add the nomination to a spreadsheet which will become a helpful resource we’ll share. In essence, your nominations will populate our spreadsheets of caregiving resources which will help everyone easily connect to support.
Award categories include:
- Book of the Year
- Caregiving Program
- Caregiving Event or Conference
- Caring Advocate
- Caring Leader
- Certified Caregiving Consultant
- Certified Caregiving Facilitator
- Certified Caregiving Specialist
- Grief Support
- Podcast of the Year
- Product of the Year
- TikTok Channel of the Year
- Tweet of the Year
- YouTube Channel of the Year
- Website or Blog of the Year
- Work of Art (artwork or poem) of the Year
We’re currently accepting nominations for these categories:
- Eligibility: Fiction and non-fiction books which focus on caring for a family member published between November 1, 2020, and October 31, 2021. Three books will be honored.
The Caring Advocate
- Eligibility: An individual who advocates to improve the personal caregiving experience. Five individuals will be honored.
TikTok Channel Creator
- Eligibility: A channel featuring content created and managed by a family caregiver or former family caregiver. Three channels will be honored.
Submit a nomination for yourself and/or your colleagues, friends and family members. Please submit one form for each submission. Scroll down for the links to the submission forms.
Judges include Denise M. Brown, founder of The Caregiving Years Training Academy, and volunteers she recruits. Neither Denise nor the volunteers will enter their own work in the awards.
Details to Submit a Book, Advocate or TikTok Channel Creator for The Caring Awards:
Deadline to submit: November 15, 2021
Winners announced: December 1, 2021
Virtual Award Ceremony: January 13, 2022 at 8 p.m. ET
Prizes: Featured listing in our Resource Lists; certificate and logo for use on your website and marketing materials; and interview during our award ceremony.
Entry Fee: $10 (The entry fees will be added to our Family Caregiver Relief Fund in order to send $500 to help a family caregiver in need. We’ll help as many family caregivers as we can.)
About Denise and The Caring Awards
Denise launched her first award, the Caregiver of the Year, in 1995 in order to put the spotlight on the importance of the caregiving role. She expanded her awards to include the Caregiving Visionary Award; the Tandy Spirit Award to honor Tandy Elisala, a caring supporter of those who care; and the National Caregiving Advocacy Award. Denise honored the annual award winners at the National Caregiving Conferences she hosted and organized in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. The Caring Awards are the next evolution of her award programs.